09 November 2011

Garden of Eden Wedding Card

by Veronica

Ever had trouble finding the perfect sentiment for a card you're making? Sometimes, I can rifle through all of my stamps and find some that will work, but just aren't exactly what I'm looking for. When that happens, look no further than your trusty computer!

I LOVE mixing and matching 'straight' fonts with fancy, cursive fonts. It really gives my sentiments a polished, well-thought-out look. I've found that keeping most of the sentiment in a 'straight' font and picking special words to stand out in a cursive font works best for me. On this wedding card, I used Copperplate Gothic Light (found on most computers) and Blackjack.

There have been MANY times that I just don't know what sentiment to use on a card. On this wedding card I created for a friend in my Bible Study group, a simple "Congratulations" just didn't fit the bill. I often find fabulous verses from the Bible to use as my sentiments. But don't feel like you have to use an entire verse. Sometimes just small snippets of verses will do the trick! For this card, I chose Mark 10:8-9. It's definitely a non-traditional sentiment for a wedding card and I loved that it would stand out from the other "Congratulations on your Special Day" cards. I added the "Mr. & Mrs." from Stampin' Up!'s Tiny Tags embossed on the Jewelry Tag Punch and hung with linen thread. I use that little tag punch on a lot of cards. It really adds a little extra whimsy!

For the image on this card, I used Stampin' Up!'s Lovely as a Tree. I kept the tree simple by stamping it in a dark brown and not coloring it. I gave a "Garden of Eden" feel to it by adding rhinestones to the branches in place of apples. I used layered card stock, pop dots and paper piercing to give the card lots of dimension. The kraft card stock is stamped with Papertrey Ink's Background Basics: Woodgrain stamp set (one of my favorites) and really adds texture to the card.

Next time you're searching your stash for the perfect sentiment and don't find one, consider printing it directly from your computer. You probably already have TONS of fonts to choose from and the color possibilities are ENDLESS! If you're looking for more font choices to add to your collection, I suggest checking out these sites for free fonts (they're my favorite):


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've been inspired!

-Veronica

4 comments :

  1. This is stunning, Veronica! What you did with the fonts is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simply beautiful card. I'm sure your friend will appreciate it very much. Love the fonts that you used.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beautiful Veronica, very pretty!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garden of Eden Wedding Card looks stunning. I loved the design a lot and would love to have this design for our own wedding reception party that we would be having in the month of June at the garden inspired event venue Atlanta. If you have some more décor craft ideas, pleased let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!