04 November 2011

I'm a My Creative Time Designer!!!

by Veronica

I'm so incredibly proud and honored to announce that I am now an Official Design Team Member for My Creative Time!!! I have had so much fun guest designing for MCT and am so excited to be a full-time member!

I hope to bring something new to the team and keep everyone inspired with my projects! If you're new to VK Create - WELCOME - I'm Veronica! I'm a "work-at-home" wife who loves to create! I started crafting when I was a little girl and remember staying up late nights with my Mom at the kitchen table creating. I started scrapbooking when I was in high school and took up card making shortly thereafter. Now that I have my own home (with my husband, of course), I enjoy creating home decor - making old things new again. And I ESPECIALLY love creating for the holidays!

This time of year is my absolute favorite! I enjoyed decorating for Halloween, but as soon as the last Trick-or-Treater left our front porch, I was inside tearing down all of my Halloween decorations in preparation for my Harvest theme!

And even though my Harvest decor has only been up less than 3 days, I'm already thinking ahead to Christmas!  I've purchased lots of new goodies to get ready for Christmas and have started listening to yuletide music (does the new Justin Bieber Christmas album count as "yuletide"? *giggle*).

With today's project, I've crossed a few things off of my checklist:
  1. Treasured Keepsake - something we can look back on for years to come
  2. Handmade Ornament - to spruce up our 'cookie cutter' tree
  3. Wedding Invitation - preserve our invitation and give it honor; not just throw it in a box
Click to enlarge
 I originally saw this idea on Pinterest and knew I'd have to make one of my own. It's a very simple project and would make such a thoughtful gift! You could use this same idea and use an invitation from a shower, birthday party or even use a favorite poem of a lost loved one.

After cutting my wedding invitation into strips (don't worry: I literally have hundreds left over), I wrapped the strips around my finger to coil them. They twisted easily into the clear ornament (purchased at my local craft store). For some added 'flair', I dropped some turquoise iridescent beads into the ornament with the invitation. I popped the ornament 'lid' back in place and was ready to add my tag.

Click to enlarge
Since I just got married in June, I wanted to commemorate our first Christmas as husband and wife. I printed the words "our first christmas as Mr. & Mrs." from my computer (using the same fonts and colors I used on my invitations) and cut it out using MCT's Fancy Frame Die and stamped the coordinating stamp in Encore! Ultimate Metallic Silver ink. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the tag and set an eyelet in the hole. The bow ties the tag to the ornament and is made with Papertrey Ink's Hawaiian Shores Fine Ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

24 comments :

  1. Love this! Awesome job Ms. Veronica. Welcome to the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Adorable. Congratulations!

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on becoming a Design Team Member for My Creative Time. Well deserved..(clap, clap, clap). Your ornament is wonderful. What a keepsake for other memories. LOVE IT!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica, this is GORGEOUS! What a fun idea! I'm so excited to have you on the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on becoming a member of the design team! What a beautiful project. I love the colors, (Hawaiian Shores is one of my favorite colors!) I look forward to getting to know you and working with you for this term!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats for being on Miss Emma's DT!! I look forward to following you and seeing your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Congrats on your recent wedding. And congrats on making the DT. This is all so much fun!!! Looking forward to working with you :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Veronica! Congrats on being on the team. I'm so excited to get to know you even better! This ornament is GORGEOUS and such an awesome idea! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Veronica!! I'm glad your on the team!! I can't wait to get to know you better! I love this ornament! Such a neat idea and something to treasure for years to come! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooh this is soooo PRETTY! welcome to the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative idea.. so happy you were chosen to be on Miss Emma's DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a great project! I love the colors! Congrats on making the DT! Im so happy to be part of the team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Veronica!

    Congrats on making the dt! I look forward to getting to know and working with you!

    Your ornament is gorgeous!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Veronica! Love your ornament idea!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to the team, Veronica! Love your sweet ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I'm inspired alright! :) This ornament is so unique and wonderful and something to be cherished year after year!!! Congrats and well deserved on your design team job with Emma! I can't wait to work with you and the rest of this outstanding team and the entire My Creative Time community! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome project....I love everything about it!! Congrats on making it on the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Veronica so happy to be on Emma's team with you!!! You are such a lovely lady and your creations are gorgeous! I met both you and Emma at Cha in Chicago last year!!! I'm looking forward to working with you! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on making the team! I look forward to working with you! I love your ornament! It's beautiful and so creative!
    Tracy M
    tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations that you have made it to this awesome team! I will checking your posts on Emma's challenges! Isn't she the best!

    Love this project, it is very nice to make something for Newly Weds, you often see it for babies, so this is brilliant!

    Jannie
    www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. SOO great having you on the Team!!! :) How fun!!! :)
    Awesome project...great idea!! :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the Design Team! I look forward to seeing what you create. You have so many ideas.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, what can I say! I am SOOOOOO blessed to have you be a part of my team now!!!;) You are definitely going to bring some original creativity to this team & to My Creative Time stamps!;)I am looking forward to working w/you my sweet fiend!;)
    Big HUGE HUGS,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on becoming a Design Team Member! This is a very creative project and love it! I can't wait to see what your next project will be. You have such great ideas!

    Treava

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!