14 November 2011

MCT November Release Sneak #1

by Veronica

The November Release from My Creative Time is here! This month, Emma is releasing eight (count 'em, EIGHT) new stamps sets (one includes a coordinating die) and one awesome, versatile die. You will LOVE THESE!!

Today I'm showcasing one of the three 'mini' sets: Touchdown. This set has some great stamps in it! It would be perfect for a "Football Mom" or to use for birthday invitations - even a Superbowl Party invitation! I have to admit - I was a bit stumped at first with how this stamp set would work for me. I started to think outside of the box and knew just what to do with it!

Whenever my husband travels for work, I always stick a little card in his suitcase for him to find when he gets to his hotel. It's just a nice way to let him know that I'm thinking of him and can't wait for him to come home. Being a proud graduate of the University of Michigan, he is a die-hard Wolverine's fan (Go Blue!)! I made this card to make sure that he knows that even though Denard Robinson is a great quarterback, HE is my MVP!

I kept the foundation of this card pretty simple to make the white heart really POP. I stamped words from the new sets Touchdown ("Touchdown", "Offense", "Defense") and Sports Sentiments ("Football") in Versamark ink to make the watermarked background.

After stamping the words on the background, I cut the heart out of the center of the card stock using the new die included with another FABULOUS stamp set being released this week (100% Sweetness). I also cut out a white heart using the same die to layer behind the cutout.

The "MVP" sentiment is from MCT's new Sports Sentiments set and I used two separate stamps from You Had Me at Chocolate (just mask the words that you don't want to stamp with a post-it note or printer paper) for the "you are my".

I popped the background paper up from the card base (there's also another layer of blue card stock under the background paper that you can't see in the photos) and 'sunk' the white heart into the card to get the dimension.

Sneaky Peek Giveaway Time!

Listen up "My Creative Time" friends! We are giving all of you an opportunity to win the BEST PRIZES during Sneak Peek Week with a total of 6 winners to be announced during Friday's Stamp Release! All you have to do is leave a comment HERE along with the rest of the design team members' blogs for a chance! There are some AWESOME prizes with this release!

1. SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have! Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so! OR you can just tag me in your post!  and.............

2. Just comment on ALL of the designers' blogs EVERY DAY during Sneaky Peek Week!  THAT's ALL you have to do to qualify for the BEST giveaways EVER!;)

All winners will be "randomly" chosen and Emma will announce all six winners on Friday, November 18th @ 12:01am PST in her video during the release of this AMAZING new stamp collection & maybe a new die!

GOOD LUCK! Log onto to your Facebook now & let's start spreading the word!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for a great DIY Fall Decor project!

I hope you've been inspired!

-Veronica

62 comments :

  1. Love this simple, clean card. Great design idea.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling- what a great idea. Nice work! lclass003atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job Veronica! I love the simple design :)
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica, this is awesome! Such a classy, clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super duper creative card!!! Love how you thought out of the box!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veronica - I'm not a huge sports fan but I like how you used this to make a card that didn't look like a sports card. I love that this card could be used for an anniversary, sweetest day etc. What a great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute window card.

    Jenn
    www.jennuinecrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you card, is cute.

    alvinadiaz@msn.com
    alvinascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and so thoughtful! Look forward to seeing the "Sweetness" set yet to come!
    jordanbev5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card!! It super sweet. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS card! I love the heart cut out and the awesome homemade tone on tone paper using the stamps. They look awesome! Perfect job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card! I love that you used the stamps for the background. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this. I love the simplicity of the design and the watermarked paper you stamped, just a great card. (I'm excited about the heart die & set it goes with too.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card for your hubby. Love the way you watermarked the paper. Very sweet gesture for when your husband is away. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card,Veronica!! I really love the simple design of it!! :)
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card. As a Buckeye fan though I have to say Go Bucks!!
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great card! Love the classy and clean look! He will love it! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Love the heart die.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks fo rthe close up shot...I love how you stamped the background!!! Nice job :)

    hugs
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute card! I could totally see this as a valentines card too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card!!! Love the background used!!! Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh My Goodness Veronica... where to start with your card! I noticed you did a printed background with the same stamp sentiment and yet it totally transforms to something different with the diff color used. Perfect touch adding the heart in the middle. Fabulous Work Veronica!

    Many Sweet Creations...
    www.sweetdelightspapernmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! I never would've thought to use "Touchdown" and the wonderful heart die together--genius! Especially for the meaning behind it for your hubby, that is so sweet! I hope he appreciates your cards as much as we all do and I'm sure he does! :) tfs your fabulous sneak peek Veronica, can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute, Veronica! Love it. How lucky you even have a football helmet to stage your awesome card. Bonus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now this is one cute invitation
    Pat
    plweir1969@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it, especially the heart and such a great and versatile sentiment :) TFS.

    Debbie B

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks Awesome Veronica. Great use of Emma's Stamps.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the card especially the background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful idea for your card. The heart die looks interesting too. Your husband will love it. Go Blue!!! Living in Michigan :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. great card! I LOVE the watermark stamped words. Simple and yet the white heart DOES make the whole card just POP!
    babi96 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card, love punched out heart. OMG Veronica, I was so honored when I saw you commented on my card ;) Thank you. WOW, can't believe this is Emma's 12th set already.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oops love "the" punched out heart. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the cut out on this card! Very nicely done!

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute Card! Great job!

    Melissa
    www.mycreationsbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very cute...love your cutout!!!

    peifert88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Veronica this is so sweet! I just love the heart cut out and the stamp! So great! And we are big U of M fans as our son is a junior there this year!!! GO BLUE!!! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card. Love how simple it is!!

    pruttybird at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous Veronica!!! Great design and color!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. love the heart cut out of the center, and the clean lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great card and great idea. He will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. great card.

    Gabriela

    gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a sweet card!!! I love how you thought outside the box and the soft pretty yellow was a great choice..HUGZ:)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very cute! Great stamp set for my nephews scrapbook pages of his football team.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a cute gesture on the hidden cards with your hubby. I do the same. This is a Great Card. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love this Veronica! Love that you leave little notes like these for your hubby! big hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great cut out idea. Love the use of the sentiment. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. The heart cut out is amazing!! I also love the colors you used! Hearts don't have to be red anymore!
    herzigfam@yahoo.com
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great and fun idea. Thanks for sharing!


    Danielle
    leeceratops@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is super cute! The heart is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Really cute. Simple, yet adorable:) My kind of card. You ROCKED it.
    TFS.
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Simple and perfect card! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  52. Simply adorable! I just love the look of a simple card!

    lyn.torres@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great card Veronica! I can see this is going to be a must have for me since I have a FB player/fanatic for a son & a completely FB/fantasy fanatic...lol
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow! inspiring
    melissakc1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!