25 June 2015

MCT Do Over Thursday: Cake Anniversary Card

by Veronica

A couple of years ago, I made this cupcake card for my mother-in-law's birthday. It was inspired by a baking day I had with my niece, Evelyn. You can read more about the card (and our baking extravaganza) here.

And while the card was fine, I never really loved it.

Well, today is the day I get a Do Over!


I swapped out the doily, upgraded from a cupcake to a wedding cake and changed the purpose of the card from birthday to anniversary.

I can now officially say that I love this card!


This Do Over card will be given to my brother and sister-in-law this weekend for their anniversary. Please act surprised, Kim! I was really excited to play with the cake stamp from the new set, Wishing You Both The Best. I kept the colors light and mixed the patterned papers to add some interest.

MCT Products Used
Wishing You Both The Best (cake, flowers, "congratulations")
The Sky Is The Limit (banner stamp + die)
Bunch of Stitched Doily Dies (patterned doily layer)
Bunch of Fun Circle Dies (white, wavy circle layer)

You can see more Do Overs on the MCT blog. Be sure to head over there to see what the other designers have in store.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

5 comments :

  1. Your do-over card idea is so beautiful. Great creative job!! I however really did love your MIL's cup cake card (sorry) LOL
    but hey ..... love your Anniversary card too .... what can I say....... your ideas are always cute and creative. YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!!! Although the other was super cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the layered wavy circle and your soft pattern choices. Love the doily behind the cake which is colored so pretty. I like both cards but this one is so elegant. Beautiful job. They will love their card, surprise or not :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on your redo, the original is really sweet also!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!