17 November 2014

MCT 38th Edition Sneak Peek: Wreath Anniversary Card

by Veronica

It's Release Week at My Creative Time and today we are showcasing the new Stitched Oval Dies. Now, I'm going to be honest with you: I'm not a fan of ovals. Nope. I'm more of a circle girl. But in using these dies I've come to appreciate the oval. Maybe not love it, but I can see the need for an oval here and there.


This anniversary card was created with someone special in mind. Someone who reads my blog, so I shall not name any names. I used the new ovals to create a frame and a layer. Emma added the fabulous stitching accent to the inside and outside of these dies. So as you can see on my card, it doesn't matter if you use them for frames or layers, you'll still get the stitching!

I used Pretty Spring Wreaths stamp set for my focal point. When stamping on kraft colored card stock, try adding in some white ink. It'll really help your images to pop.

MCT Products Used
Pretty Spring Wreaths (wreath)
Boughs of Holly ("Happy" die)
Happy Thoughts ("anniversary")
Stitched Trio Banner Die (banner for sentiment)
NEW! Stitched Oval Dies (available this Friday)

That's it for me today. Be sure to check out the My Creative Time blog to see what the other designers have whipped up using these dies.

I hope you were inspired!

- Veronica

31 comments :

  1. This is very Beautiful!!!!
    Glenda
    slatsinhi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica ~ simply BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE how you used the ovals and oh my your wreath is GORGEOUS! Fab job as always!!! Glad you are naming any names and I find your posts so darn funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just amazing!!! I LOVE the new oval dies!!!

    unlchamps@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Veronica! Love the casual look! TFS!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I love the simplicity of your card because it really showcases your wreathe. Wonderful!
    bizarrecreativity@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Veronica!! Love how elegant your card looks! Great job!
    Hugs,
    Jess
    craftingwithjess@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! While you may prefer circles, I think the ovals are working well for you with this design! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a very pretty job. I think your card turned out lovely!

    mymousedreams at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. You did a great job with the ovals. giveawayjeanatgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I really need the stitched ovals. So many possibilities!
    srobelotto@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous anniversary card! You've stamped the wreath so beautifully and it looks perfect in the oval.
    thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  12. You still got your circle with the wreath. It is so pretty.
    great card.
    thanks for sharing.
    txmlhl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ovals for this anniversary card. Lovely colors too. :)
    gsunshine11 @ tampabay dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That wreath is amazing. Beautiful card!
    bubsie45 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your GORGEOUS anniversary card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
    dmcardmaker {at}{AOL}{dot}{COM}

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful Anniversary card and love how you showed off the oval dies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. interesting way to use the dies ..really like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a elegant card, I really like the design Mindy1qc@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely wreath card and color scheme.
    Nslee@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. S pretty! Thank you sharing:) disneynut 4 life 22 at yahoo dot come

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your wreath is beautiful with the ovals. Nice tip about using white. The new oval die is wonderful.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card!
    I love the ovals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty! I love that wreath! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such an elegant card. I love the embossing and the beautiful wreath! Amazing! Hugs- Glora
    me(at)glorajean(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, Veronica! I love how the wreath turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning! Love how you used the ovals and your layering.
    thomasjeri55atyahoodotconm

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty - love the ovals.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your feedback and hope you were inspired!